Monday, February 8, 2010

Meeting my son

Today, I met Daniel Bereket for the first time.
We pulled into the Care Center yard and I scanned all the kids faces to try to find him. It was so strange and wonderful to see the faces of my friends' children.
I took off my shoes and put my bag down so I could go into the baby room. There he was! Sister Almaz told him, "there's mommy". I knelt down and he lumbered over and gave me a huge hug. I spent the rest of the time taking pictures of the care center and the beautiful children while checking in with him and giving him hugs. I didn't want to overwhelm him and wasn't sure how he would react to me. He was very willing to leave with me and seemed to know who I was.
Back at the guesthouse, he took a 3 hour nap. He is definitely a little overwhelmed but is doing pretty well, over-all.









Daniel has molluscum on his face. He had one on his eye lid that Sister had used nail polish on (yep, you read that right) before we got there. It had burst and was pretty nasty looking.


Lunch time!






Daniel Bereket's crib at the Care Center:


Taking a nap at the guest house:



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment