Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Liberty Bell

Today, we took the boys into the city to see the Liberty Bell. They love riding the train! They don't understand the Liberty Bell or what it stands for but I wanted them to see it because it's one of my favorite non-food things in Philly. 

Waiting for the train with Grandad:

Ticket to ride!

Loving the ride:

Posing in front of Independence Hall (sort of).

Love this building!


The Bell!!

Isn't it pretty????

This is the best picture I got of them in front of the Liberty Bell. Sad, I know.

This was a lot more fun than standing in front of a boring bell.

After seeing the bell, we walked over to the visitor center. I love this piece of art--mostly because the top word looks like it says, 'Ethiopia'. :)

The boys made Liberty Bell pennies. This was their favorite part of the day, I think.

Cool penny.

The Phillies Fanatic was there! (ok...he's a statue but he's still really cool!)

This guy was real.

Grandma brought yummy raisins for a snack.

We could see William Penn from the visitors center. Did you know that 'Pennsylvania' means 'Penn's Woods'?  It's a really cool state. :)

On our way back to the train, we walked along the edge of Chinatown. 

Philly pretzels. Yum!




1 comment:

  1. Okay, the one of your two sons hugging in front of Liberty Hall chokes me up!!! Thinking....ONLY in AMERICA!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete