Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ethiopian Dance Party!

We went to a great party tonight with families who have children from Ethiopia. It makes me seem much less crazy when I can say that I've met people in real life rather than having so many on-line friends.  After dinner, we (and by 'we', I mean everyone except several of the less rhythmic adults) got a lesson in Ethiopian dancing. I wanted to dance. I'm a fantastic dancer. But someone had to take pictures. 
Daniel wanted nothing to do with the dancing. Andrew, on the other hand, was fantastic. All that time spent shrugging his shoulders at me really paid off tonight. He was very serious about learning exactly how to do it. 













Even when he had stopped dancing and went back to playing, he couldn't stop dancing. The rhythm is gonna get ya.

And this is how my little Habesha spent his time while everyone else danced.




No comments:

Post a Comment