Thursday, October 28, 2010

The price of sanity

I paid my kids to go to sleep. I'd love to tell you that I'm not proud of this but I am. Really proud. Because it worked. Really worked.
I made little penny cans and gave them each 5 cents to go to bed. I told them that each time they got out of bed or did something that caused me to have to go into their room, I would take a penny out of their can. Andrew was so excited! He called out to me a few times and asked me to come talk to him. I told him that I would love to talk to him but I would have to take a penny. His response? "Never mind, mama."
My kids went to sleep on their own two nights in a row. For 10 cents. Money well spent.






6 comments:

  1. Giggle. Giggle. Giggle. and Smile =) Thank you Ruthanne...this post made my night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE this!! Thanks for the smiles!
    Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME!!! I might have to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where were you 11 years ago when I should have started this?!
    (Those jars are super cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see a link in your post, but I searched and found it on your blog. I'm thinking maybe I SHOULD start small, with pennies. I mean, technically if they keep all of their pennies (or even lose a few including weekends), they'll get a quarter at the end of the week. That's a gumball machine ball, and THAT would make my 5 yr old ecstatic :) haha Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete