Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Harvest fest!

I declared yesterday and today to be harvest fest! I had a full day of fun harvest-y activities planned. (Turns out I had more than one day of activities planned which is why they spilled over into today.)
The first one was pumpkin waffles for breakfast. Don't they look yummy? They weren't. They were gross. We had bacon and eggs instead.


Our next activity was to go outside and collect leaves and sticks. We used to the leaves to make leaf rubbings and placemats.


















We used the sticks to make caramel apples.










For dessert, we had baked apples with ice cream. The boys loved them.


They were big apples. You needed two hands.


We scooped out pumpkins but ran out of time to carve them. (ok...we had time but one of the boys didn't have a nap and neeeeeded to go to bed. I won't mention any names, Andrew.)

Scoopity, scoop, scoop, scoop:








We also made a gift for Gramma. I got the idea from a project that the pre-k did at Andrew's school. They made their's on paper (amateurs) but I wanted ours to last longer (and look cuter) so we made towels.

Gramma has to add the nose and mouth when she gets home. I was worried that they wouldn't be dry by tomorrow. I think they're already looking pretty cute, though.




Trying to look sad like his pumpkin:





2 comments:

  1. I love this post and all the crafts with it. So so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative Ruthanne! I love the pumpkin handprint napkins (or are they placemats?) So cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete