Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Scrapbooking

I have the bug. The photoshop bug. I have it baaaad. It's a great way to pass the time while I sit in the room with the boys at night waiting (and waiting) for them to go to sleep. And it feels much more productive than playing bejeweled blitz. I have a LOT to learn and I'm hoping that someday I look back at this post and think 'amateur'.




This was made using a kit by Deena Rutter. It's part of a layout contest over at Persnickety Prints. The winner is picked at random so I have as much of a chance at winning as the people who actually know what they're doing. That's my kind of contest. :)

4 comments:

  1. OK-now you get to email me and tell me how in the heck to do that!!! SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I don't know what you're talking about but it totally looks like you know what you're doing!! I love it. How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice layout!! And what a cutie!

    I caught the bug about a year ago, it's so addicting!! When I started scrapbooking, I found an AWESOME program which is super easy to use to make layouts and I still use it.. it's called LumaPix FotoFusion. I do use Photoshop for designing papers and elements nowadays, but for scrapbooking I find it much easier to use fotofusion. If you want to give it a try there is a link with a direct download for the free trial version on my scrapbooking blog, http://journey2udesigns.blogspot.com/ .. Adding shadows and resizing and layering and things are sooo much easier than with Photoshop in my opinion. I like the program so much I became a referrer..so I do get a small commission if you download it from my site and then purchase it, but even if I didn't, I'd still recommend it!! Don't want to sound like I'm trying to sell it.. lol You can check out the site itself at http://www.lumapix.com/. Oh and all of the layouts I've done on my adoption blog, I've used fotofusion essentials (with a little photoshop mixed in sometimes).

    Happy Scrapping! Great job!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Beautiful! Thanks for entering my layout contest.

    ReplyDelete