Friday, July 24, 2009

County Fair

Yep, you read that post title correctly. Today we went out to the county fair with Jill and the kids. Jill kept trying to tell me how great it would be and how many animals there would be but I wasn't convinced until she mentioned funnel cakes and lemon shake ups. I was hooked.

We actually had a really great time and Andrew loved seeing all the animals. I know that most kids love animals but Andrew just amazes me. He loves any kind of animal and is so kind to them. While we were in the petting zoo, he kept picking the straw up off the floor and putting it back into the sheep's cage. He is such an amazing little boy.











This rabbit was HUGE!


This guy sheared the sheep:


and she spun the wool into, well...wool.


This calf was born yesterday!!




Teeny, tiny little goats. So cute.


Tate and Andrew milk the 'cow' (it wasn't real).




Andrew got a sticker that said, "I milked a cow at the County Fair". He was very proud of it.




I had to take a picture of this sheep. It had the sweetest little face.








This is not the first cow that Andrew has ever petted:


This is!
This picture was on one of the disposable cameras that I had given Andrew's foster mom while he was in Guatemala.


This ride was CRAZY. Jill's kids loved it. Ellie could be on the promotional video for the company who makes it. She had no fear.






The three girls loved this ride. I was nauseous just watching them.



post signature

2 comments:

  1. So glad you guys came with us. It was a ton of fun. I was thinking just tonight how great a funnel cake would taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which fair was that? DuPage County fair? Does Cook County have a fair :)?
    Looks like a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete