Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pennsylvania

This past week, I had the opportunity to drive through Pennsylvania (pretty much the whole state from west to east and back again) which I don't often get to do in the summer. (and I have made this drive a LOT in the past 25 years).
I grew up in PA until I was 11. We moved to Michigan after that (which has it's own kind of beauty--Lake Michigan, fruit trees, lakes, beautiful fall seasons) but I've always missed Pennsylvania. It is one of my favorite places.
When I was visiting Guatemala for the first time, I couldn't believe how much the landscape reminded me of PA. While driving yesterday, I noticed one of the similarities.


This is a mountain in PA:


This is a volcano in Guatemala:


Here are a few other pics of my home state that I took while driving yesterday:










post signature

1 comment:

  1. Pennsylvania is AWESOME.. next time you drive through, I will meet ya!

    Thanks for the book suggstions, and I am happy you made it home safely!

    You are a brave mommmy traveling all that way!

    ReplyDelete