Sunday, August 17, 2008

A busy day


I have to go back to work on Monday and we are squeezing every drop out of what's left of our summer.

We started our day yesterday at the dedication of the new playground at my school. The kids are going to have so much fun on the new equipment. They had a ribbon cutting, music, hot dogs and tattoos. Andrew got his first tattoo (a Backyardigan, of course.) He looked at it and pointed to it all day.





This piece of equipment makes me woozy.



Check out my new tat!



Close up:



After the dedication, we stopped at McDonald's for Andrew's first time in the playland. He was not impressed. There was one little slide that was his size and he didn't want to slide on it. He wanted to crawl up the giant tube slide that the big kids were barreling out of at top speed. We left. :)



Next, I took Andrew for a haircut to fix what I messed up when I tried to do it myself the other day. lol It looks very cute.

We topped off our day with another birthday party. Andrew had a great time and I came home more tired than I've been in a very long time. It would have been a great time to have a 'daddy' to take turns watching him. I was pooped.

The adorable birthday boy:

Practicing his swimming skills:

A quick watermelon break:


Too cool for the pool:


Hanging in the innertube:


Don't be fooled. He only sat here for about 10 seconds.


This thing looks BIG and FUN!


Legs, don't fail me now.



Wow! My camera's 'action' setting is awesome!


Andrew stayed in the bouncy house for at least 20 minutes. At one point, he just laid there and let the big kids bounce him around. :)



post signature

6 comments:

  1. Love the pics!!!
    Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a great and busy weekend like us! IM sad summer is coming to a end ..Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fun Saturday! Great pictures! And I know you can't wait for Institute Day tomorrow. Woo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a VERY BUSY day indeed! I'm pooped just reading about your day! I am still amazed at how big Andrew is getting. He's so adorable! :) Get plenty of sleep because school starts back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Ruthanne You sure did pack in the fun! I love the picture of Andrew pointing to his tat- that little finger is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy buckets are you guys having too much fun or what?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete