Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake

We had an earthquake in Illinois today. No one was hurt--everything it still standing. It is bringing back so many memories for me, though, of my visit trip with Andrew. We had an earthquake then, too. Andrew was asleep in his crib while I was updating everyone on the computer and the whole room started to shake. It only lasted a few seconds but it seemed like a lot longer. Even then, my motherly instinct kicked in. I stood over Andrew to make sure nothing would hurt him if it fell, but there was NO way I was waking him up unless I absolutely had to! He slept right through it. It was my first earthquake, but not his. Guatemala has them pretty frequently.
Again, there was no damage and no one was hurt, but it was something exciting to put in his baby book.

Here is what he looked like during our first earthquake together.






post signature


6 comments:

  1. Glad you guys survived! Love the pics!
    Kerri and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earthquakes would be scary - I imagine tornados in the midwest but not shaky quakes - glad everyone is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad everyone is ok. Andrew has the cutest little smile.

    Are you going to guatafest in October?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I instantly thought about you when I heard about the earthquake! I'm glad you guys are all ok! I remember those pictures like it was yesterday....and it FEELS like it was yesterday. How did the time go by so fast!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! i am glad everyone and everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy all is okay... I was thinking about you when I read Kelly's blog from St Louis....So happy that you adn the little man are doing well!

    ReplyDelete