Thursday, November 1, 2007

Swings

Most of you don't know this, but I have an irrational fear of swings. I didn't have it as a kid--I loved to swing, but now I'm very afraid of them. I'm ok if there's only one person swinging, but if there is more than one person on the swings, I feel panicky. Weird, huh? I thought I was the only one with this weird phobia until I saw the episode of Friends when Rachel wouldn't let Ross put Emma on the swings because she had the same panicky feeling. So, I'm not weird, right? Right?
I decided that I had to get over it for Andrew's sake. I took him to the park the other night and put him on the swing. Guess what?? He hates them!!! Woo Hoo!! I don't have to pretend (at least for a while). Is he the perfect kid for me or what???

This video just shows him swinging--it's hard to see the terror on his face. He started screaming right after I stopped recording. He did, I swear!

3 comments:

  1. A perfect match! My son hates the swings too but loves the slides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not weird at all Ruthanne (neither is the fact that you are identifying with a fictional character) I have gobs of irrational fears- who knows where they stem from. This will just be one of those things that you and Andrew will get to overcome together ;) Or not even maybe....he's definately your boy and is as perfect as can be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL Ruthanne that is hilarious. A match made in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete