Thursday, September 20, 2007

Nearing the end....

...and moving toward a beginning.

It's finally starting to sink in that I am actually going to pick up Andrew in a few short days. Next Tuesday, he will be in my arms forever. What an amazing moment that is going to be.
Going through this process has been the strangest, most wonderful journey I've ever been on. I'm so glad that so many of you were there during it. I don't know how I would have gotten through it without you. So many of my friends and family have made an impact in one way or another.
My wonderful mortgage guy who helped me figure out the funding to get this whole process started (thanks Joe!); my friends who threw and/or attended an amazing shower; my Aunt Sherry who single-handedly prayed us through several of the rough spots; everyone who offered support and a kind shoulder through all of this; those of you who celebrated with me at all the milestones; my church friends who welcomed me with open arms; and my wonderful, amazing 'summer sisters' who have given me love, support and information that I could not have found anywhere else. And most of all...my parents; who have been supportive every single step of this process. I can't WAIT for them to meet their newest grandson.

(I feel like I'm giving an acceptance speech here. "You like me....you really like me")

I just wish I could find all the right words to tell you guys how much your love and kindness has meant to me throughout the past 15 months. Andrew is such a blessed little boy to have so many people waiting to love him.

8 comments:

  1. Ruthanne, reading this post made me cry tears of happiness for you! I can't wait until you have Andrew home. Have a safe trip! LOL on the Sally Field quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post gave me goosebumps. I can't wait to see Andrew in pictures with his new forver family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthanne, I couldn't be happier for you! You have been such a support for all of us and have touched us greatly! Andrew doesn't know how lucky he is to have a mom like you! And believe me, you will find yourself being the luckiest mommy to have such a wonderful boy! It is an amazing rollercoaster and the wait is over. You are about to have the ride of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ruthanne you made me cry!!! You have done all those things and MORE for everyone else. How could we not support and cheer for a friend as wonderful as you? You are going to be such a WONDERFUL mommy and I feel so blessed that I ot to experience this journey with you (and the many more experiences to come). WE LOVE YOU RUTHANNE!!! Have a safe trip and we're all going to be cheering like crazy when your feet touch US soil with that beautiful boy of yours. :) YOURS! How does that sound?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so stinkin' sweet!!! I can't wait to see pictures of you with that sweet boy! It was great meeting you in person even though we only spent a little while together.....you are a wonderful source of support, and I am just honored to know you!

    Go get that boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already weepy and reading your post as I sit here in Guatemala brought almost hysterics. I am SO happy for you and Andrew! I only wish that I was here to see you. Give him a huge hug and kiss and I look forward to seeing all the pictures of YOUR little guy! You're right...an amazing and interesting journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK after that post I think I am going to cry the first time I see you and Andrew next week! Have a safe trip and I can't wait to meet you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just so, so happy for you! What a wonderful "speech." This experience is one that is hard to put into words, isn't it!? I can't wait to see pictures of you "together forever!"

    ReplyDelete