Last Thursday, I was told that the birth certificate was done and I was being submitted for pink that day if my facilitator could get to the front of the line before the Embassy closed. If he couldn't get it in on Thursday, he would submit it on Monday (they don't accept paperwork on Fridays). I already knew, because I stalk the forum, that window #10 would be closed this week and they would not accept any paperwork. On Monday, my agency called to say that I had not been submitted on Thursday, I was right about the window being closed this week and they would submit me next Monday. I know that in 6 months, waiting an extra week at this point will be a distant memory and maybe even forgotten altogether, but right now it seems like FOREVER. Yesterday, I got a phone call telling me that I HAD been submitted last Thursday and my agency had the DNA authorization. See why I was afraid to post the news? See why I feel like I'm on a roller coaster? So, bottom line....Andrew's embassy appointment could be sometime in the next three weeks. I'm trying very hard not to do too much 'ciphering' in my head because that can lead to some big disappointment, so I just keeping saying '3 weeks' and trying not to pinpoint a date.
I'm trying very hard to get my classroom ready for whoever is going to be subbing for me, but I keep catching myself just standing in the middle of the mess staring into space. This could be a long three weeks.
If you need me on Saturday and Sunday, I'll be doing all the deep cleaning in my condo that I promised myself I would do right before Andrew came home. Feel free to call me and interrupt. If you know me, you know that I HATE cleaning.
And, since several of you said you log on here just to see pictures of Andrew, here are a few you may not have seen:
A toothless grin:
I miss that sweet, little face.